Title: Dead Perfect
Author: Noelle Holten
Publisher: HarperCollins UK, One More Chapter
Source: NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. To be Published October 2020
A murdered woman…
When the body of a young woman is found in a local park, DC Maggie Jamieson knows she’s dealing with no ordinary killer. The murder victim has been disfigured; her outfit changed to resemble someone else. Someone Maggie knows all too well…her close friend Dr Kate Moloney.
A determined detective…
Maggie is determined to keep her friend safe, but with Kate already struggling with a threatening stalker, Maggie now fears Kate’s life is in real danger. Who else would want to harm Kate and why else would the killer be turning his victims into exact replicas – his living dolls?
Can Maggie find the depraved killer? Or will Kate become his next living doll?
I didn’t enjoy much about this novel. Some of the ARCs I receive have formatting issues which I overlook but this went beyond that.
- The cover is awesome.
- You don’t have to read any of the other books in the series to pick up on the characters, relationships, or the plot.
- References to the last book were minimal.
- The ending leaves an opening for fans to have another book in the DC Maggie Jamieson series.
- I wasn’t able to identify who the serial killer was but I was able to mark off all of the suspects as they were presented.
- Some of the chapters were of the serial killers actions and some were of the potential victim and main investigator.
- The pacing was off. It was really slow until the end.
- There was a lot of telling and not showing.
- Dialogue could be stilted and awkward at times.
I received this book in May and it’s not set to be published until October. There’s probably another ARC copy floating around that’s gone through another round or two of edits.