Next week Karina Fabian will be stopping by for a visit.Â If you don’t already know Karina here is some information to introduce you to her.
After being a straight-A student, Karina now cultivates Fs: Family, Faith, Fiction and Fun. Winner of an EPPIE award for best sci-fi (Infinite Space, Infinite God) and a Mensa Owl for best fiction (World Gathering), Karinaâ€™s writing takes quirky twists that keep her–and her fans–amused. From an order of nuns working in space to a down-and-out faerie dragon working off a geas from St. George, she juggles the stories from at least three different universes. Mrs. Fabian is President of the Catholic Writerâ€™s Guild and also teaches writing and book marketing seminars online. Visit her website at http://www.fabianspace.com.
10 Things About Karina Fabian
1. Born in Glennwood Springs, CO; grew up in Pueblo, CO.
2. Former Air Force officer (active and reserves)
3. Mother of four–former homeschooler.
4. Former freelance writer specializing in pregnancy and home births, home education, and people features.
5. Never intended to write fiction that incorporated religion so extensively, but those are the stories that ask to be written.
6. A seat-of-the-pants writer, she usually knows the beginning of a story and the end of a story, and a few events in the middle. Her characters lead her through the rest.
7. A notorious punster, she and her husband fell in love while trading puns while out to dinner with a friend.
8. As an editor, her pet peeves are logical disconnects and characters that act outside their characterizations.
9. Has lived in Japan and Italy as well as in five different states.
10. Loves hats–wears a Santa cap to December book signings and a fedora when writing DragonEye, PI. (No space helmet for sci-fi, however.)