Title: Dead Perfect
Author: Noelle Holten
Publisher: HarperCollins UK, One More Chapter
Source: NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. To be Published October 2020
A murdered womanâ€¦
When the body of a young woman is found in a local park, DC Maggie Jamieson knows sheâ€™s dealing with no ordinary killer.Â The murder victim has been disfigured; her outfit changed to resemble someone else.Â Someone Maggie knows all too wellâ€¦her close friend Dr Kate Moloney.
A determined detectiveâ€¦
Maggie is determined to keep her friend safe, but with Kate already struggling with a threatening stalker, Maggie now fears Kateâ€™s life is in real danger.Â Who else would want to harm Kate and why else would the killer be turning his victims into exact replicas â€“ his living dolls?
Can Maggie find the depraved killer?Â Or will Kate become his next living doll?
I didn’t enjoy much about this novel. Some of the ARCs I receive have formatting issues which I overlook but this went beyond that.
- The cover is awesome.
- You don’t have to read any of the other books in the series to pick up on the characters, relationships, or the plot.
- References to the last book were minimal.
- The ending leaves an opening for fans to have another book in the DC Maggie Jamieson series.
- I wasn’t able to identify who the serial killer was but I was able to mark off all of the suspects as they were presented.
- Some of the chapters were of the serial killers actions and some were of the potential victim and main investigator.
- The pacing was off. It was really slow until the end.
- There was a lot of telling and not showing.
- Dialogue could be stilted and awkward at times.
I received this book in May and it’s not set to be published until October. There’s probably another ARC copy floating around that’s gone through another round or two of edits.